Garmin® Rino 655t Handheld GPS and Radio with a camera, preloaded maps and other useful features.
See your surroundings while documenting your journey! This 5W, 22-channel FRS/GMRS radio with a color touchscreen GPS also boasts TOPO 100K maps as well as a 5MP camera! A barometric altimeter, 3-axis compass and NOAA weather radio are also built in. With its high-sensitivity GPS receiver and quad helix antenna, Rino 655t quickly finds your position and maintains it, even in heavy cover. Equipped with a worldwide basemap with shaded relief, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. For added safety, it features a built-in NOAA weather radio that can help you avoid hazardous weather. The radio supports Specific Area Message Encoding, which allows you to see National Weather Service warnings and watches displayed county-by-county on the map screen. Stores 2,000 waypoints.All mapped out:
- 2.6" glove-friendly color touchscreen GPS
- Case is waterproof to IPX7 standards and can take an accidental splash or dunk, also withstands dust, dirt, humidity
- Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps with topographic data for the entire U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief map detail includes national, states and local parks and forests, terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and other points of interest
- Built-in 5MP autofocus camera automatically geotags photos so you can easily navigate back to that spot 4x digital zoom
- Uses HotFix® and a high-sensitivity receiver and quad helix antenna to acquire satellites
- 22-channel radio with 5W transmit power GMRS, .5W transmit power FRS
- 2-mile range FRS, 20 mile-range GMRS (U.S)
- Built-in NOAA weather radio supports Specific Area Message Encoding, which allows you to see National Weather Service warnings and watches displayed county-by-county on map screen
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass that shows your heading, even when you're standing still
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes to pinpoint precise altitude can be used to plot barometric pressure over time to help you keep an eye on changing weather
- microSD card slot and 4.5 GB of internal memory allows loading of maps like TOPO 24K, Garmin® Custom Maps, BlueChart® g2, City Navigator NT® and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (sold separately)
- Universally accepted GPX file format stores your data, allows compatibility with your computer
- Allows sending of unit-to-unit text messages via radio signals to other Rino® users in area lets you share waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly
- Free trip-planning BaseCamp&trade software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks
- Compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device
- Lets you turn your BaseCamp&trade software-loaded laptop into a field command center for tracking multiple Rino® units view real-time GPS information with Rino® serving as router/antenna
- More dashboards in more places let you view your elevation plot, coordinates, compass arrow and more on any page, at any time
- Set up different profiles so you can switch personalities based on hiking, driving or more
- View multiple contacts on 1 screen so you can see their location, route to your friends or regroup
- Requires removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (included), 14-hour battery life
- 2 2/ 5 x 1 4/ 5 x 7 1/ 2 "h., 11 3/ 10 ozs.
Strike a pose!