Celestron® NexStar 102SLT 26X-73X Computerized Refractor Telescope. Powerful viewing capability and automated precision for the amateur and well-seasoned stargazer alike!
Astronomical performance, affordable price! Based on Celestron®'s popular short-tube refractor models, the NexStar 102SLT is a large, powerful 4" Telescope with a fast f/5 optical system that delivers bright, crisp images of your favorite celestial bodies.
The 102SLT comes with a fully-computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects! With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 102SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Celestron's new SkyAlign alignment technology, plus the included finderscope, make aligning a breeze.
Because of its wide 1.7° field of view, the NexStar 102SLT is optimal for scanning large areas of the sky and for superb terrestrial viewing. A wonderful entry to mid-level Telescope, the 102SLT can also be used as a land-based spotting scope.General features:
Computerized mount features:
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High-quality 102mm short tube style refractor
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no-tool set-up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Includes "The SkyX - First Light Edition" software with a 10,000-object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows Telescope to locate over 4,000 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any 3 bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash-upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the internet
- Internal battery compartment prevents cord wrap issues
- Aux. port for additional accessories such as GPS accessories
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control.
- Optical design: Refractor
- Aperture: 102mm
- Focal length: 660mm (49 in.)
- Focal ratio: 6.47
- Eyepiece 1: 25mm / 26X
- Eyepiece 2: 9mm / 73X
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Star diagonal: 1.25
- Mount: Motorized Altazimuth
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 12.5
- Resolution: 1.37 arc seconds (Rayleigh) 1.14 arc seconds (Dawes)
- Light gathering power: 212X
- Angular F.O.V.: 1.7°
- Linear F.O.V.: 91 ft.
- Optical coatings: Multi-coated
- Slew speeds: 9 (4° / sec., 2° / sec., 1° / sec., .5° / sec., 32X, 16X, 8X, 4X, 2X)
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-star Align, 1-star Align, 2-star Align, Solar System Align
- Computer hand control: Fully-computerized / Flash upgradeable
- Database: 4,000 objects
- Weight: 14 lbs. Requires 8 "AA" batteries (not included). Includes steel tripod.