Abandoned treasure! These "veteran" Army Surplus MG42 Ground Tripods were resting in a shabby old barn for who knows how long, just waiting to join your collection.
Of course, the MG42 (shortened from German: Maschinengewehr 42, or "Machine Rifle 42") is a famous machine gun that entered German service way back in 1942, during World War II.
The belt-fed 7.92mm MG42 is most notable for reliability, durability, simplicity and ease of operation. It had the highest average rates of fire of any single-barreled light machine gun... between 1,200 and 1,500 rpm, resulting in a hellish muzzle report.
Part of the MG42 configuration was this rock-steady Ground Tripod as used by infantry troops:
- Tips the scales at a hefty 48 lbs. (complete with backpack straps)
- Fully adjustable 19" legs fold for multiple angles of fire
- Horizontal and vertical height adjustments
- Original tripod-mounted scope, which made the MG42 accurate out to dang near 4,000 yards (better duck!)
- Swivel top with handle enables full 360° gun rotation.
Condition: used, army surplus, in very good shape. Hey, if you have an MG42 at home, real or de-milled, this is the ultimate "display rack."
Order this genuine 68-year-old WWII veteran ONLINE today!
Please Note: This item is shipped directly from the factory. To see the expected shipping date, please add to your Shopping Cart. Sorry, no express shipping available. We are unable to ship factory direct items to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or APO or FPO addresses.
!!! Limited Quantities !!!
Buyer's Club at checkout and
$180.00 on this item!
Used German Military Surplus MG42 Ground Tripod