With its amazing clarity, fishfinding sonar and GPS precision, the original HDS-8 took the water by storm. Now, it's back and better than ever! Introducing the HDS-8 Gen 2... it's everything you loved about the original, but with faster charting, panning and zooming, and a new streamlined interface that's easier than ever to use! Of course, the BIG, high-resolution SolarMAX Plus 8.4" color display, a sonar-enhancing broadband sounder, and 16-channel GPS are here, same as the original.
Get yours with your choice of map bundle: U.S. Base Maps, or Insight USA Maps for U.S. inland and Great Lakes. The HDS-8 Gen 2 is compatible with Navionics® chartcards, too, so you can add maps of your own at any time. Each comes available as a stand-alone unit... great if you already have a compatible Lowrance® transducer, or would like to add another interface to your existing setup... or with your choice of 50 / 200 kHz transducer (for deep water / offshore use) or 83/200 kHz transducer (for water 900' or less). Read on for more about what the Gen 2 HDS Series has to offer.
- Big 600 x 800 16-bit color Super VGA SolarMAX PLUS TFT display for surprisingly crisp, clear views all hours of the day, even in bright sunlight and wide angles
- Lightning-fast chart updates, panning and zooming, plus faster start-up and menu operation... much faster than the original HDS-10
- Simple-to-follow menu operation and graphic interface make the HDS® Gen 2 easier than ever to master
- Super-bright, sunlight-viewable displays with LED backlighting
- Split-screen presentation capable
- Provides GPS and sonar overlay data
- Multi-language presentation.
- Choice of dual frequency Skimmer®: 50 / 200 kHz or 83 / 200 kHz
- Max. depth: 5,000 ft.
- HyperScroll feature locates and displays fish targets at higher boat speeds with increased soundings per second
- FasTrack feature displays flasher-style sonar returns in a narrow vertical column. Especially useful for ice fishing or fishing at anchor
- FlashGraf feature combines a scrolling sonar target graph with a digital LCD flasher... two of the most popular ways of finding fish all in one screen
- Depth alarm, shallow alarm, and temperature display functions.
- Internal, high-sensitivity 16-channel GPS+WAAS antenna
- Includes your choice of pre-loaded maps: Expanded U.S. BaseMap or Insight USA
- Stores up to 5,000 waypoints, 200 routes and up to 10 trails
- Man overboard feature and GPS alarm function
- Compatible with Lowrance Lake Insight HD, Lake Insight PRO, Nautic Insight HD, Nautic Insight PRO, Navionics Platinum+ and Platinum chartcards with Turboview for worldwide coverage - as well as Navionics HotMaps Platinum, Fishing Hot Spots® PRO and legacy LakeMaster® Promaps (not included).
- Sealed and waterproof, ready for saltwater use
- Built-in backup memory
- Max 250W peak-to-peak (32W RMS) actual; 30,000W peak-to-peak analog equivalent
- Uses 10-17V DC power source
- Measures 10 1/2 x 8 x 3 3/4" d.
Order yours ONLINE today!