Rare British Empire originals! Imagine, if the day after the Battle of Gettysburg, all the discarded rifles and bayonets were piled in an old farm building and ignored for 130 years. That's the situation here. These Nepalese treasures were mostly supplied by the British who ruled the Indian subcontinent. These have been used, stored and basically forgotten in excess of 100 years.
Like an uncovered time capsule! Generations of dust and dirt have insulated the items in a thick, protective cocoon. Cool, dry temperatures of the Indian region preserved the antiques and basically eliminated corrosion-causing moisture. Condition: used, in good to very good shape.
These limited few Short Lever Martini-Henrys have received a heavy-duty professional cleaning to remove the worst of the dust and dirt and have been packaged in protective plastic. Many have blemishes and will not look new. But talk about character!
And consider the age of these history-soaked antiques from the 19th century. These artifacts make marvelous display pieces and the rifles APPEAR to be in working order. Each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed.
- The 1870s .450 / .577 cal. Short Lever was one of the more famous military rifles of the Victorian era, as it was the first Rifle to be adopted for general use by the British Army
- Early "Short" lever with a 33" steel barrel
- Roman numeral "II" on the receiver and on the buttstock with the manufacturer's roundel
- Smooth buttplate replaced the old checkered one
- Revised rear sights... deepened range notches
- Top of breechlock was blued (referred to as "browned")
- Tulip head cleaning rod. Each 49" long, 9 lbs.
Order yours ONLINE today!
Please Note: This item is shipped directly from the factory. To see the expected shipping date, please add it to your Shopping Cart. Sorry, no express shipping available. We are unable to ship factory direct items to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or APO or FPO addresses.
Join my Buyer's Club at checkout and
$79.50 on this item!
1870s Short Lever .450 / .577 cal. Martini-Henry Rifle
You must be 18 or older to purchase Antique Rifles. All Antique Rifles are shipped UPS and require an adult signature upon delivery.|
WARNING: Antique Rifles cannot be shipped to CA; HI; IL; NY; Guam, Northern Mariana Islands; American Samoa; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Parcel Post. Antique Rifles cannot be shipped. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Antique Rifles.|