Get to the bottom of things with the untamed power and fearsome 8-inch widescreen 998C HD SI - now with a super-bright LCD for increased sunlight readability. See SwitchFire, Side Imaging and Down Imaging the way they were meant to be seen... with high-def pixel resolution! The 16:9 aspect ratio makes for easy, split-screen viewing of sonar and maps. And with built-in GPS function and pre-loaded ContourXD maps, you'll always find your way back.
Here's more on what's on the line...
Built-in GPS Function - GPS track-plotting and chart-plotting made easier than ever before! With push-button simplicity, you'll be able to track GPS speed, mark 2,750 waypoints, chart 50 routes, and mark 20,000 points of interest.
Side Imaging Sonar - Get the best of both worlds with selectable narrow and wide beams for true 180° coverage. It's everything you need to master the lake or sea bottom.
HD Down Imaging Sonar - Provides picture-like images of structure below your boat by combining a traditional down-looking sonar view with side imaging technology. Observe Down Imaging side-by-side on your screen with SwitchFire (explained below), or on a 3-way view.
SwitchFire - Gives you a real time, customized look below the water's surface with 2 different modes: "Max Mode" and "Clear Mode".
Max Mode detects even the slightest returns, displaying them on-screen in full detail, and helping you identify variables like thermaclimes, plankton and baitfish populations, structure and, of course, game fish. Max Mode is great for jigging, too, since its incredible detail allows you to see your jig on-screen. This complete picture of the action below your boat lets you tailor your approach to match the conditions and catch more fish.
Clear Mode offers a crisp, uncluttered representation of structure and fish... great for fishing in shallow water. Clear Mode filters out weaker returns like silt and debris, displaying only stronger signals like bottom contour, structure, schools of baitfish and individual game fish.
DualBeam PLUS - 2 beams, best of both worlds! A narrow beam is optimized for bottom and structure detail below your boat, while a 60° beam casts a wider net, searching for fish and structure around your boat. View them side-by-side onscreen or combine the images into 1 comprehensive view!
Pre-loaded ContourXD Maps - All-new ContourXD is an enhanced, professional mapping package. With over 3,000 U.S. lake maps in the database, you will be able to find a lake close to any location you might want to wet a line. As an added bonus, ContourXD maps will feature depth contour lines, so you can find all the drops, bumps and channels holding fish. The maps will also include U.S. lights / markers, and major roads and interstates. Fish like a pro on your home lake, or a lake far from home.
More Advanced Sonar features:
- Split Screen Zoom increases the displayed resolution to separate sonar returns that are very close together
- Split Screen Bottom Lock
- Wide / Narrow Cone Split Screen separates the sonar data using the two primary user selectable down-looking beams simultaneously in split screen
- Instant Image Update... the sonar chart updates in real time to show the latest information on the sonar screen
- Freeze Frame with the ability to mark structure on sonar. Inspect and mark submerged structure, bait fish, and underwater contours with special Sonar Cursor
- Selective Fish ID+ interprets sonar returns and displays a fish symbol when very selective requirements are met. When a fish is detected, a fish icon and its depth are displayed above the return. 3 different fish icons represent intensity of the sonar return, and provide an indicator of relative fish size.
- X-Press Menu System provides quick access to the settings most frequently used
- 3D Chart View
- Large Digits View provides digital data in a large, easy-to-see format
- Custom View Selections allows you to see only the views that you want, giving you the flexibility to access the information you need quickly and easily
- Custom Digital Readout Selection allows customization of digital readout
- Temperature Alarm allows you to preset and display an alarm when a desired temperature is reached
- iPilot® Link capable... allows you to control your Minn Kota® iPilot-equipped trolling motor directly from the Fishfinder.
Order yours ONLINE today!
Humminbird® 998C HD SI High-definition Side
Imaging Combo GPS & Color Fishfinder
|Display Size||8" diagonal|
|Display Pixels||480V x 800H|
|Display Type||Color TFT|
|Display Colors||65,000 colors|
|Sonar Coverage||20°, 60° and 180° @ -10 dB|
|Sonar Frequency||83 / 200 / 455 / 800 kHz|
|Waypoints / Points||2,750 / 20,000|
|Target Separation||2 1/2"|
|Power Output||100W (RMS); 8,000W (peak-to-peak)|
|Current Draw||780 mA|
|Depth Capability||150 ft. (Side Imaging) / 1,500 ft. max.|
|Unit Size||11 1/4 x 6 3/4 x 4 1/4" d.|
|Mount||In-dash or Gimbal|
|Power Input||10-20 VDC|