- How do I get your catalogs?
- You are more than welcome to call and request catalogs at: 1-888-888-3006.
- Where are the shipping/handling charges?
- To get our shipping/handling charges Click here.
- What is package protection?
- Package protection offers immediate replacement of items lost or damaged in transit prior to delivery, allowing you to bypass a claim process.
- Can I have my package delivered on a certain date?
Unfortunately we currently do not have an option to select delivery on a certain date, unless express shipping is requested. Do note, not all items can be expressed. Please check restrictions on items when ordering.
- Why is my order being transferred from ground to postal?
Your package is being shipped ground service with final delivery by your local postal carrier based on the merchandise, or the light weight of the package. If you do not wish to have this service in the future, a Customer Service representative can flag your address to ship ground on future packages. Please contact us if you would like to do so.
- Why is my package late when I paid for express shipping?
Currently we only ship our packages Monday-Friday; we do not ship on the weekends or holidays. Therefore, delivery is made within the allotted business days for the selected method. Express shipping cutoff is 11am CST.
- Why can’t I use more than 1 coupon per order?
- Unfortunately our policy only allows one coupon to be redeemed per order.
- What are your payment methods?
Over the phone/website: US issued Discover, Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards. In the mail: US issued Discover, Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards, check/money order. International credit cards orders will be accepted as long as the shipping information matches the billing address on your card. Unfortunately we do not currently have COD option available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, we now ship internationally to over 100 countries! To place an international order please click the international order icon at the top right of the webpage; from there you will be able to select your shipping destination and currency to process your order. Expected delivery time for international shipment is 10-14 working days for in stock items.
- Where can I get more information about international orders?
- For international order information Click here.
- How do I find my order total without entering my credit card?
- Take the merchandise total from your cart. Click on the "Shipping & Handling" link at the bottom of our website or Click here. Look for the margin that your merchandise amount falls into.
- Your ad for an item shows one price but when I click to order it, it’s giving me a different price, why?
- When looking at the ads, they will advertise, "Starting At…". This means that it will show you the lowest cost of all items that are included in the ad. When you click on the ad, it will expand and advertise all like merchandise and their corresponding prices.
- Why isn’t my multiple item discount showing on my order confirmation email?
- Currently our internet site does not automatically apply the multiple item discount in your order confirmation, but you will get the correct pricing on your order.
When your order is downloaded into our system, these discounts are applied as a final step prior to the printing of your ticket.
If you feel that this step was overlooked, please email us and let us know. Just be sure to include the item(s) number and the discount price you are referring to.
- Pricing online vs. pricing in the catalog, why are they different?
- Each item has multiple prefix’s (ex: D1X2, WX2, etc.) based on various catalog sale prices. If you use the prefix that is listed in the catalog on our website, it will provide you with the price listed in that catalog. However, if you simply type in the item number only, it may provide you with a different price for the website. We apologize for any confusion this may cause. Please feel free to contact us regarding our 30 day price guarantee.
- Has my order shipped?
- You can check your order status by clicking the ‘Order Status’ link at the bottom of our website Click here. Enter in the required information and your status should be provided to you.
- Why is it taking so long for my order to be shipped?
- Some merchandise may be shipped directly from the factory, some merchandise may be coming from an off-site warehouse and some merchandise may be backordered. This information will be provided to you on the ad for the item, when the item is added to your cart, as well as your Order Confirmation/Shipping Confirmation emails.
- Online order status shows “Order approval in progress”, what does this mean?
- This status simply means we are waiting to charge the credit card and begin process on your order. Should any problems arise, an associate will contact you.
- How do I locate status of a backordered items?
- When an item is placed on your order, you are given a backorder date. If that date changes by more than 14 days from the date that you’re originally given, a notice will be sent to you.
You must reply within 10 days of the notice if you would like to keep or cancel the item in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission. A response to keep/cancel the item in question is recommended.
Do note that our backorder dates are tentative and subject to change due to vendor shipments. Shipments may arrive sooner than the proposed date on the notice. Therefore, if a response is not received to specifically cancel the item, this will be charged and shipped out to you assuming you still wish to receive the item.
Please feel free to contact Customer Service at 1-888-844-0667 (Monday-Friday 7am-7pm CST) for specific information on your order.
- If a product is out of stock, can I place it on backorder?
- Unfortunately if an item is out of stock, we currently do not have the option to place it on backorder.
- How can I change/add/cancel my order?
- In an effort to speed up delivery of all of your orders, we have had to sacrifice the option of changing items placed on your original order. We try to have your order processed and ready to ship as quickly as possible, and this makes it impossible to exchange items on that order. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- How do I make a return?
- To return the item, simply package the item with a copy of your invoice and on the back state what you would like to have done upon return (whether you would like a refund or exchange). Please be sure to include this in an envelope inside the package.
You may send the item to: SG Returns Department 560 Armour Ave. So. St. Paul, MN 55075
Please contact customer service at 1-888-844-0678 (Monday-Friday 7am-7pm CST) if you receive an item that is damaged, defective or incorrect.
- Is there a warranty on merchandise I purchase?
- The Sportsman's Guide has a Lifetime Guarantee and item(s) can be returned to us at any time, for any reason, as long as the original invoice is retained.
Note: The Sportsman's Guide cannot accept returns on Ammunition, Food, and Gas or Diesel powered items once they have been gassed or oiled.
- Do you price match?
- We do match prices on items sold elsewhere at a lower price. To receive the price match the item must have been purchased within the last 30 days and the retailer must have the lower priced item in stock. Sorry we don’t price match auction sites or other retailers paid membership prices. This guarantee does not apply to guns, ammunition and clearance items. Call Customer Service at 1-888-844-0667 for more information.
Effective Date: 4/14/2016
- General Information
- We do our best to make sure the correct photo, price and copy are shown. BUT... sometimes we make a mistake. If that happens, we reserve the right to charge the correct price, to ship the correct item, or to correct the mistake.
- We reserve the right to limit quantities on any orders.
- All orders are subject to approval prior to shipment.
- All backorder items ship seperately via ground service.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- How can I add a comment about a product I received?
- You will be sent a survey approximately 2 weeks after the order is placed by our computer system asking for your feedback on merchandise/service received.
Age Restricted Items
- Why do you require a date of birth?
- The Sportsman’s Guide does not authorize the purchase of any items that may be restricted in your area by Federal, State, and Local law. To purchase these items, you need to be either 18 or 21 years of age. These items include, but not limited to, antique guns, black powder guns, machetes, all ammunition, sir guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, blank firing guns, bows, slingshots, electronic game calls, knives, stun guns, fuses, blowguns, crossbows, and certain non-lethal chemical spray devices. By placing an order for restricted items, you are verifying that you are of legal age, have no felony convictions, you are in compliance with Federal Law 18U.S.C.922(D)-(1)-(9) and in compliance with all Federal and State restrictions that apply.
To view Federal Law Click here
- I’m a resident of Illinois, what do I need to provide to purchase ammunition from The Sportsman’s Guide?
- We will need a copy of your Driver’s License as well as your FOID card. This information can be faxed to: 651-306-3977, emailed to: email@example.com in a PDF or JPG format or mailed to: The Sportsman’s Guide Attn: Products Department 411 Farwell Ave. South St. Paul, MN 55075
- I have a Canadian issued credit card, how do I place an order?
- If you’re ordering with your Canadian issued credit card, please click on Canada / International near the top of the home page You will then be able to follow the steps in placing an order with us.
- How do I return merchandise when it was delivered in Canada?
- Contact our Operations department at 1-800-882-2945. They are open Monday-Friday from 7-7 CST.
They will provide you information on what needs to be put on the package for return, an RA number as well as the address for return.
- How do I create a login?
- To utilize this feature you will first need to create the account online before you are able to login.
To create an account please click "My Account" which is located in the upper right on the home page.
This will bring you to a page which will give you two options:
If you have already registered for an online account, just enter your e-mail address and password to log in.
Create an Account
You don't need an online account to checkout, but with an online account, you get:
* Faster, Easier Checkout
* Expanded Order Status/History Information
* Access to your full-featured Wish List
* Buyer's Club Status Information
* And More...
The existing online login will not recognize you until you create the new online account. Once you click the button to Create Account it will bring you to a page that will have you enter the following information:
email address (you can use any email address you would like)
confirm email address
password (which must contain at least 8 characters with 1 non-alpha character)
A drop down button asking whether or not you are current Sportsman's Guide Customer.
If you click yes to being a current customer the following information will be prompted:
If you do not know your customer number there is a button to assist you with locating that info or you can click the box to search by phone number that is attached to your account.
If you click no you are not a current Sportsman's Guide customer you will enter all information as needed.
Please contact us if you are still having trouble logging in.
- I just purchased/renewed my Buyer’s Club, why doesn’t my online account recognize this?
- If you didn’t purchase the Buyer’s Club using your new online account, it will not reflect the valid membership until done so. Once you complete an order through the Login service your account information will match your records.
- I want to join the Buyer’s Club only, how do I do this?
- At the bottom of our website, there is a link "Buyer’s Club" you can click or Click here. This will then walk you through the process of signing up for just the Buyer’s Club.
- I joined the Buyer’s Club, where are my coupons?
- If you are a brand new member, you’re Club coupons will be mailed to you in a Buyer’s Club welcome packet separately from your package within 2 weeks from purchase. If you are renewing a Buyer’s Club membership your coupons will be included in your shipped order package.
- I want my order on the 4-pay plan, where do I select this option?
- This option will be offered at Step 3 of the check-out, should the order qualify. It will be a small box located above the section to enter the payment method. Your order must meet the merchandise minimum of $150 or more and you must be a Buyer’s Club member to qualify for this payment method. Available on credit card orders only (with credit approval). Not available with check, debit card or money order payment.
Retail Outlet Store
- Do you have a retail outlet store?
- Our Retail Outlet Store is located behind The Sportsman's Guide corporate offices and warehouse off of Hardman Ave.
The Sportsman's Guide Retail Outlet Store Address:
490 Hardman Ave.
South St. Paul, MN
Monday - Saturday 9:30AM-6:00PM
Sunday - Closed
- What is your store’s return policy?
- Our retail outlet store’s return policy is 30 days with the receipt from the date of purchase.
- Can I pick up my order at your store?
- Any orders that are placed over the phone/web/mail must be shipped to the customer. Order placed through the retail outlet store must be picked up at the retail outlet store. (For store information, please contact them directly at: 651-552-5248)
- Why can’t I open the attachment for the label you emailed to me?
- A lot depends on what you use to read your email (Outlook, Outlook Express, or a web browser – and which browser), you use to open the attachment. Most customers are able to view the attachment if opening the label up through Adobe Reader.
- Why can’t I see the barcode for the label you emailed?
- If using Outlook, right-click on the barcode and choose Download pictures. It would also help to right click on the email in Outlook before opening it, then choose “Add sender's domain to safe senders list”. It is also possible that your active X controls may be blocking images as well as corrupt cookies. Please consult your browser’s help section for specific information to resolve.
- How can I get the barcode “print to fit” so I can utilize it?
- In general, you want to disable “print to fit” as it will either shrink or expand the label.
- Why won’t my information auto-fill on your website?
- The auto fill is an option customer’s can set in their browser. Its called auto complete and you will find it in your internet option/preferences. If you have it turned on, your browser will remember any entry into a field and pop up when typing.
- How do I unsubscribe from your email specials?
- Click the link ‘Manage your email preferences’ at the bottom of our website, follow the steps to unsubscribe for our email specials or Click here
- I cannot click on the links for the email specials, what do I do?
- This may happen because the link wraps around the body of the email. You will want to copy and paste the entire link into the address bar in a new web browser window.
- Why can’t I see images on the website/email specials?
- At the top of the page there should be a link that reads ‘View an Online Version’, this should take you to a page that you should be able to view all of the images.
- How do I clear my cache/history?
- Every browser is different but in case you do not know how to, below are a few steps:
1. On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. The Internet Options box should open with the Browsing History option
3. Click the Delete... button
4. Click Delete
1. From the Tools menu, click Clear Recent History
2. Pick a timeframe anywhere from the last hour to everything
3. Once you’ve chosen a timeframe click Clear Now
1. From the Tools menu select Clear browsing data
2. Pick a timeframe anywhere from the last hour to everything
3. Click the Clear browsing data button
- Checkout isn’t working, what do I do?
- Click here to clear all cookies from our website. Please be aware that this will refresh our website and the contents of your cart will not be retained.